Coupon Code: ARCFLASH
Learn more on the main page of this course below.
What will students learn in this course?
Introduction to the topic - Why do we need for IEEE 1584-2018? What is the key difference between the 2018 vs the 2002 version?
The Journey from IEEE 1584-2002 to IEEE 1584-2018 -- learn about the rich history of the 1584 standard as well as funding restrictions, draft revisions, and comments from the industry
Major Changes in the Approved IEEE 1584-2018 Standard
- Learn about the different bus bar electrode configurations
- Voltage range and conductor gap information
- Box height/width/depth, as well as standard sizes
- The arcing current variation correction factor and continuous voltage spectrum.
- The standard equipment class and typical bus gaps as well as typical enclosure sizes.
- Learn about the minimum arching current variation, grounded vs ungrounded systems
- Learn about 2 second rule as well what happened to the 125kVA transformer cut off language that was present in the 2002 version but not the 2018 version.